Team India set history on Saturday in the finals of Under-19 World Cup 2018 India won the tournament for the fourth time by defeating Australia by 8 wickets. Earlier, India had won the U-19 World Cup in 2000, 2008 and 2012. Australia, batting first, gave India a target of 217 runs. The whole team of Australia was dismissed for 216 runs in 47.2 overs. India won the match with 11 overs remaining. Manjot Kalra scored 101 not out.
India won the match with 67 balls remaining
– Chasing 217 runs target, Captain Prithvi Shaw and Manjot Kalra gave India a quick start. There was a partnership of 71 runs between the two.
– Sonderland gave Australia the first breakthrough by bowing down Shaw. Shaw scored at 41 ball on 29.
Shubhman Gill, who scored a century in the last match, came to bat after Shaw was dismissed. Gill was expelled from Indian origin. Shubhaman played 31 innings
– Kalra (101) and Harvic Desai (47) were not out. Kalra scored a century in 102 balls. 67 balls and 8 wickets remaining, the team won the final.
Such is Australia’s batting
– Indian bowlers have bowled a lot and Australia does not make big scores.
– Ishant Patel, favorable Roy, Kamlesh Nagarkoti and Shiva Singh made 2-2 wickets. Shivam Mavi got a wicket.
– India has made all-team all-out in matches so far.
This team is not under-19 but under-Dravid
– Under-19 team coach Rahul Dravid identified the talent two-three years ago. Worked hard on him and prepared for the big stage.
– given the team enough exposure. Tours in Australia, England
– Helped the players to get entry into first class cricket, so that they are ready for a tough match.
– Six players from the team have played first-class cricket.
Dravid made hero as he did not play
– In an important match like semi-final, the ball went off to the wicketkeeper with the edge of the favorable Roy’s bat. The umpire did not give up, but the friendly pavilion returned.
– In any match so far, Indian players did not show much of the required agitation.
– Many of the team’s players in the IPL auction become millionaires. Dravid explained, IPL is every year, this world cup will be just once.